Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PSP Original, PSP Slim n Lite.... Whats ...

Hello!Despite being (in the words of my girlfriend) a proper grown up who is far too old to be playing video games; I grew up playing video games on an Amstrad 464 that loaded from a cassette tape and I guess I never really grew out of the habit; I got my first Gameboy in 1989 and my most recent one (an SP) about four years ago in Tokyo, when on holiday, but have played a lot of PS and PS2 in between. I've managed to lose both my Gameboys, and decided to treat myself to a new handheld, even though I'm supposed to be saving to put a deposit down on a house. I had a look in GAME at PSPs, they had the old one secondhand for ?9 with a free game or a secondhand slim n lite for about ?0 more, or a brand new slim n lite for ?29. I asked the manager to show me all three for comparison and I really couldn't see the difference between any of them. Okay, the slim is a tiny, weeny bit slimmer and a smidge lighter but I don't see how that makes a difference to anything. It seemed a no-brainer to buy the ?9 original, what with the warrantee offered by GAME and additional warrantee I get on everything I buy on my credit card.Why would anyone chose a 2nd hand slim n lite over a 2nd hand original with that price differential? I don't get it.....Also, what's a PSP 2000 or a PSP 3000? PSP Original, PSP Slim n Lite.... Whats ...
PSP-1000 is the original one, PSP-2000 is the slim and lite one, PSP-3000 is only a rumor. in the USA it's PSP-1001 and PSP-2001PSP Original, PSP Slim n Lite.... Whats ...
I think it's a preferential thing really; some people like the slim, while I personally like the heavier version. I will admit however that I do like that the square button feels better on the slim versions than the fat version, but that alone isn't enough for me.

I suggest holding and playing a game or two on both and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment