Friday, April 16, 2010

PSP Slim

Hi guys, i was just curious about the PSP slim, I wanted to get an Ipod Video earlier this year but i figured that i would wait till christmas so that i dont have to pay 300$. But then i thought of the PSP because my friend has one and i thought that being able to listen to music, watch movies, get on the internet, and game every now and then sounded like a lot better deal than the Ipod. It also, from what i read seems to be cheaper than the Video, i kno that it doesnt have as much memory, but im not going to need 30GB for just music. So what im wondering is if im getting the PSP slim to play music and videos and surf the web is it worth it over the Ipod?? I cant see myself gaming on it that much just because i have the 360, but if anyone here could help me i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.PSP Slim
As much as I love my PSP, I have to admit that it's a game machine first. Sure it plays movies and music but probably not as well as a v-iPod. On the other hand, the iPod can't play any games..... You'll have to decide which you want to do more of.PSP Slim
Well, you can't get on the internet on iPod (unless you get an iPhone, which is like $600). PSP plays movies and music as good as anything else, you just are limited to about 8 gig, as apposed to the 40 you can get on an iPod (but seriously nobody could possibly so that they filled that much space and listen to all of the songs, well maybe someone). Also the PSP can play amazing games, with graphics close to, or equivelent to PS2, which is a great thing you can't do on an iPod (I know you said you have an xBox, but you can't play Sony games on it or take it in your pocket).
Remamber before you go out and buy a psp that you cant just take all of your i tunes song and upload them
Keep in mind that although the PSP is $169, you'll have to add another $50 for a 4 GB memory card (provided you shop around for the cheapest memory card). That comes to $220 which is only $20 less from getting a 30GB iPod video. The PSP is a gaming machine at best. And trust me, trying to find 4GB of music and get to it on a PSP is a nightmare. Also, if you're a music fiend, the iPod will always go along with you cuz it fits in your shirt pocket. The PSP is huge. Most of the time, I don't even bother bringing my PSP with me because I'm too lazy to haul it around.
From experience I must say.... I love my iPod
If your not into the gaming part I would go with the Ipod. The music and video are secondary parts of thepsp.
trust me youll want to play more games when you play at least one its just so handy for when your on the go and you know your going to be bored!say like grandmothers house (laughs to self quietly)
i have an ipod and a psp and i always make space in my pockets for the ipod. psp is a great system with games i could play for hours before i get bored, but its big and heavy and feels like it will break if you drop it (which by luck i havent done yet). by the way you should consider getting something other than an ipod because theres better music players out there that i'd much rather have.
well i was gonna get the psp slim if i got one which i think gamespot said weighs 3/4 less than the old psp (not sure thats correct or not) but it just fascinates me that im able to get on the web with something like that and i have my own laptop with wireless internet in our house, but gaming on the go is another really cool feature that i would miss out on with something like an ipod, but the downfally with the ipod is that im paying for so much space that im not even going to use, 4gb is enough for games and various other things... about how much do the psp games cost?? and i really appreciate the feedback that everyone here has given me, and is killzone on the psp any good?? because killzone on ps2 and legend of dragoon are my favorite games ever. Thanks again
I was having the same dilema, I hope the slim I'll be able to carry around in my pocket all the time...
If you're only going to need 4-8GB of space then go with the PSP. the new slim is 33% lighter and 1/4 thinner than the old PSP. There's no point in getting a 30GB iPod when most people don't even come close to using up that much space. Even if they managed to fill it up, how often to they really watch/listen to all of that? Just fit in 50 of your favorite songs and you're good to go.. and like you said, you can do SO MUCH more with a PSP than you could with an iPod. PSP is worth the price whereas the iPod is way overpriced for what it actually does. And this is coming from an avid Apple and iPod user.
You can fit in a lot more than 50 songs with 4gb tho, or does saving games take a lot of memory?
I had the psp, and i sold it because i didnt enjoy the games.and you cant fit that much music onto the psp.but whichever you like more you should go with whether its music, or the games.but if games are your last choice, go with the ipod
[QUOTE=''Longhorns17'']You can fit in a lot more than 50 songs with 4gb tho, or does saving games take a lot of memory?[/QUOTE]Game saves take up next to nothing . Even the crappy 32mb stick would last forever if thats all you were using it for.
[QUOTE=''Longhorns17'']well i was gonna get the psp slim if i got one which i think gamespot said weighs 3/4 less than the old psp (not sure thats correct or not) but it just fascinates me that im able to get on the web with something like that and i have my own laptop with wireless internet in our house, but gaming on the go is another really cool feature that i would miss out on with something like an ipod, but the downfally with the ipod is that im paying for so much space that im not even going to use, 4gb is enough for games and various other things... about how much do the psp games cost?? and i really appreciate the feedback that everyone here has given me, and is killzone on the psp any good?? because killzone on ps2 and legend of dragoon are my favorite games ever. Thanks again[/QUOTE]New games cost around $40-$50, greatest hits cost around $20, and you can get great deal in many places.
[QUOTE=''SouL-Tak3R'']I had the psp, and i sold it because i didnt enjoy the games.and you cant fit that much music onto the psp.but whichever you like more you should go with whether its music, or the games.but if games are your last choice, go with the ipod[/QUOTE]ur talking about not being able to fit a lot of music onto the standard memory stick right?

I was thinking the same thing (ipod or psp) . But I just checked, in one folder in my music collection that is a little under 4gb I have 33 albums, thats got to be like 350 songs or so. Movies are around 700mb.Can you put mp3'3 in the psp or xvid-dvix movies? Or does the psp have its own format?
The PSP understands regular mp3s, but it requires a specific movie format. It only understands SP mp4 and AVC mp4. AVC is also referred to as h.264 (I think). The PSP also requires some specific resolutions. The encoders all know which resolutions to use.
i have a 2 gig memory stick and so far i have around 200 songs,74 pictures, 5 videos, 10 game save files, and some other applications and i still have 932 mb left. So im thinking a 4 gig can hold a lot of stuff.
  • celebrity make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment